TUBEX ECOSTART Treeshelter
TUBEX ECOSTART tree shelters improves the micro-climate around the plant, enhancing growth during the establishment period. However, TUBEX ECOSTART tree shelters contains lower levels of UV Stabiliser than the TUBEX STANDARD tree shelters and will naturally begin to break down over a shorter period.
TUBEX ECOSTART tree shelters offers reliable protection against rabbits and voles at 0.6m and hares at 0.75m, as well as providing herbicide protection.
TUBEX ECOSTART tree shelters are suitable for slender plants used in hedging and small scale landscaping.
TUBEX ECOSTART tree shelters suits any type of soil conditions with its pre-fitted releasable ratchet tie(s) for attachment to a good quality stake.
Hints and tips
- Choice of tree shelter height depends on the wildlife present on site.
- Use a quality stake inserted into the ground to 1/3 of the stake height, ensuring the stake is below the flared rim at the top of the shelter.
- Using the shelters natural strength push it lightly into the ground to remove gaps at the base.
- Initiate the laserline if the tree fills shelter before normal degradation period.
Shelter Height requirements
- Rabbits - 0.6m
- Hares - 0.75m
- Muntjac Deer - 1.2m
- Fallow Deer - 1.5m
- Red Deer - 1.8m
- Heights: 0.6m and 0.75m
- Diameters: 57mm to 73mm
- Ties: 1x8" on 0.6m and 2x8" on 0.75m
- Colour: Tubex Green
- Nested in 3
- Bundles of 150 shelters
- Flared rim to minimise stem abrasion
- Pre-fitted small, thumb-releasable ratchet ties for proven ease of installation and maintenance
- Tubex Laserline - laser generated perforations forming a line of controlled weakness along the shelter, designed to burst as the tree fills the shelter
- Built-in strengthening rods, which prevent ties tearing away from shelter in strong winds (unique to Tubex)
- Durable twin-wall construction for the best possible strength-to-weight ratio
- UV stabilised to provide a minimum estimated life of 3 years (can vary depending on site conditions)