The Tubex Fruitwrap is a twin-walled tube that has been split vertically, producing a natural overlap. This product can be neatly wrapped around a small whip plant and will expand as the plant grows.
Ideally suited for slender plants that have a dominant single stem, where the shelter can simply be dropped over the tree and supported with a sturdy cane
Hints and tips
- Use a firm cane to soil depth of at least 30cm
- Never force open beyond original diameter
- Using the wrap's natural strength push lightly into the soil to remove gaps at the base
- Use a Tubex Ancorfix to prevent the wrap from being forced open in windy or exposed sites
- For exceptionally windy or exposed conditions, minor abrasion may occur around the top of the tube - consider an alternative such as Tubex Ecostart or Tubex Ecovine.