Why use a treeshelter?
Tubex treeshelters are used for many reasons. Also, the conditions under which trees are planted and the planting and management practices employed differ significantly from one area to another. So, one forester’s reasons may be slightly different from another.
Our overall objective is to make life easier for the forester, by improving the quality of the trees and by reducing the costs of growing and maintaining them. The Tubex treeshelter produces better growth and it protects the tree from the elements (animals, environment, herbicides).
This summary identifies the key considerations. We will be attaching more detailed information as we develop this site.
Summary of benefits:
- Faster establishment
- Better survival rates
- Smaller trees
- Roots protected
- Fewer trees
- Fewer side shoots
- Protection from animals
- Protection from herbicide
- Protection from weeds and easy tree identification
Tubex distinguishing features:
- Optimum growing environment
- Wide product range
- Environmentally friendly, photodegredable materials
- Laserline – allowing the shelter to break open
- Flared rim – minimising plant abrasion
- Pre-fitted range of high quality ties
- Nested for low cost storage and transportation – quick release
- Strong, but light
- Scientific development of colour
- Tubex product warranties
- ISO 9001:2008 quality control